Church potluck … how cliche is that? And by cliche, I mean cool. Getting together with like-minded people that don’t seek religion, but seek an authentic relationship with God makes the angels sing. Unfortunately, our like-minded belief system doesn’t extend to our food choices. It became perfectly clear that my wife and I are certainly in the minority. But happily, our church even welcomes vegetarian Christians.
Life lesson #91 – Surround yourself with people full of the fruits of the spirit. (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfullness, Gentleness (or Humbleness), and Self-Control. Maybe some of these characteristics can rub off on you.
I needed some of that patience this afternoon as the luncheon/meeting ran a little longer than expected. I found myself wanting to ask “Can someone put the game on?” but I settled on a quick wander to my fantasy football App to check the scores. The first official Sunday of the NFL season! Just another thing to be grateful for.
Morning weight = 172.5
- 8:15am – Herbalife Shake. Still using Vita Coco, but not by choice. Missing my low sugar apple juice. They only sell it one place and that one place is 6 cities away. Definitely time for a roadtrip soon, very soon!
- 2 ounces of Vita Coco Pure Coconut Water (with 6 ounces of water)
- 2 scoops Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder
- 1 scoop Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla
- 1 cup of Baby Spinach
- 3 Costco Frozen Strawberries
- 8 Costco Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Costco Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup Mountain High Plain Yogurt
- Core Complex
- 1:15pm – Church luncheon. Not quite what we normally eat, but I do have to say at least there are veggie options. Made a ghetto-style taco salad.
- 3 ounces of tortilla chips
- 1 cup of lettuce
- 1/2 cup of S & W black beans
- 3/8 cup of Sargento classic shredded cheese
- 4 tbsp of a green tomatillo sauce (forgot the bottle brand)
- 1 black and white cookie (unknown origin)
- 4:30pm – Kind Bar Plus – Almond Walnut Macadamia
- 7:30pm – Trader Joe Dinner
- Trader Joe’s Fettucini with mushrooms (doctored up by my wife)
- Trader Joe’s Corn Tortilla flatbreads sesame seed (2 pieces)
- Trader Joe’s Mini Brie Bites (2 pieces)
- Morning Star Meal Starters – Chicken (delicious!)
- 10:30pm – Herbalife24 Restore
- Church and Football. Some people may get those confused, even thinking football is a spiritual thing. I love me some football, but I won’t get my priorities out-of-order … any more. At least when it comes to football and especially fantasy football.
- By the way, in week in, my defense of last year’s title didn’t go so well. I scored big, but my opponent scored bigger. I just happened to go up against the two top QB performers this week. The Manning brothers combined for a total of 11 TDs — I’ll get him next time.