The day after a race is the perfect day to spend with your wife doing nothing. My sister-in-law may have convinced me to run with her yesterday, but those persuasive skills don’t just belong to her. Using my best Puss in Boots face, she called in to take the day off. Not with a fake cough. Not with a sniffly voice. And especially not with an untrue reason … simply just said, taking the day off. And regarding my level of persuasiveness, probably not the hardest thing to convince someone to stay home.
Life lesson #86 – Don’t fake your way out of responsibilities. And if you have in the past, think about it and you’ll see there are always consequences to compromising.
Morning weight = 171.5
- 9:45am – Costco Samples Brought Home. Our Sunday trip to Costco’s sampling stations turned into breakfast today.
- Afghan Spinach Bolani (1 pizza wedge slice)
- Bolani Cilantro Pesto (1/8 cup)
- Bolani Sweet Jalapeno (2 tbsp)
- Bolani Garlic Mint Cheese (2 tbsp)
- Scrambled Eggs (1 1/2 eggs)
- 2pm – Leftovers from the Labor Day Party
- Homemade Fresh Veggie Pasta with Quorn soy grounds
- 1 cup of fresh, steamed broccoli
- Vita Coco Pure Coconut Water
- Homemade Parmesan Bread (1.5 slices) and delicious! If there were more, I would have eaten more
- Kraft Parmesan Cheese (1 tsp)
- Herbalife Mango Aloe
- 3:30pm – Homemade fruit salad (1/2 bowl)
- 5pm – Snacks
- 7:45pm – Fried Panko Goodness
- Panko Breaded Tofu (6 slices)
- Steamed rice (1 cup)
- Fresh steamed broccoli (1 cup)
- Wife stayed home. So any scheduled plans are now secondary to unscheduled time with my wife. So what did we do … what we always do. Eat, laugh, movies, walked, and eat more.
- Lots of our friends recommended Butter starring Mrs. New Batman. I can’t remember her name as I type and I don’t know if there are two or one “Fs” in Affleck / Afleck. Both look peculiar, so we stick with Mrs. New Batman. As far as the recommendation from friends, I’ll keep the friends and ditch the movie. Little girl was adorable.
Tuesday, September 3, 2013