Getting up earlier and earlier these days means it’s getting darker and darker in the morning. Don’t get me wrong … I’m not strapping on the ole’ miner’s hat and heading to the man-made elevator. I’m just saying I know Summer is officially over and Fall is officially here.
That Fall weather doesn’t keep for the entire day so morning runs are the best option for now. My advice … run in the early morning. You’ll feel stronger and more powerful versus attempting any physical activity after eating a typical breakfast, atypical lunch, and an outrageous dinner. I’m sure there’s science behind it, but I’m talking real-world experience.
Life lesson #87 – Seasons change and we need to change along with them. Don’t get caught wearing a parka in the dead of Summer, that’s all I’m saying.
Morning weight 172. Post run weight 170.
- 6:45am – Pre Run Nutrition
- 8:15am – Post run hydration
- Herbalife24 Hydrate (1/2 scoop in 4 ounces of water)
- 8:45am – Herbalife Shake.
- 8 ounces of Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice
- 2 scoops Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder
- 1 scoop Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla
- 1 cup of Baby Spinach
- 3 Costco Frozen Strawberries
- 8 Costco Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Costco Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup Mountain High Plain Yogurt
- 11:35am – Monday leftovers and Tuesday leftovers
- Homemade pasta with Quorn soy ground
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli
- 4 pieces of homemade Panko breaded tofu
- Vita Coco Pure Coconut Water with Herbalife Mango Aloe — I’m such the mixologist!
- Herbalife Supplements
- Xtra-Cal — doing my best to be consistent with core products to keep my body strong to finish the race
- 2pm – Homemade fruit salad
- 3:30pm – Mid Day Protein Snack
- Kind Plus Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Protein Bar
- Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey (couple of gulps)
- 5:40pm – Local Cafe – pre movie dinner
- Runkeeper is like Simon … I do exactly what it says. Today is a 6 mile slow/fast. 1st mile slow. Miles 2-5 fast. Last and 6th mile slow. Finished at a pace fo 9:14 which is off my pace just 2 days ago which only emphasizes my earlier point that I tend to thrive with other runners around. Definitely helps with pacing and pulling towards the finish.
- Also watched the press screening of Riddick … Give it an A.
Wednesday, September 04, 2013