My nephew is big into anime and happened to mention there was a local anime convention. So, being the great uncle that I am, I told him I would attend. I would sacrifice for him. And bumping into Mega Godzilla didn’t hurt. Mega Godzilla
Truth be told, I love toys. Not a fan of Halloween in August, but I love toys. Started in the 80’s, ran out of space in the early 90’s, discovered eBay in the early 90’s, built some shelves in the late 90’s, and after more shelve space, here I am again. In the 25+ years of toy, comic, sports memorabilia, and music collecting, I’ve eBayed, donated to people I know and people I don’t know. One of the more rewarding experiences, donated about 75 Beanie Babies to a great friend’s 4th grade class. She teaches them well — my wife and I actually received a thank you letter from the class with reasons why they choose the Beanie Baby. Never agreed with Bill Cosby any more — kid’s do say the darndest things.
Life lesson #83 – You don’t have to dress up like a superhero to be a super. Make a difference in someone’s life.
Morning weight 170
- 8:15am – Herbalife Shake.
- 8 ounces of Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice
- 2 scoops Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder
- 1 scoop Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla
- 1 cup of Baby Spinach
- 3 Costco Frozen Strawberries
- 8 Costco Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Costco Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup Mountain High Plain Yogurt
- 10:45am – Kind Bar – Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate. Sometimes, you need just a little extra energy while walking the Con floor. These vendors are ruthless with their pricing negotiations.
- 12:45pm – Thai Food. Remember vegetarians, ask for no fish sauce!
- Veggie Pad Thai with tofu and no fish sauce
- Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- Massaman curry with tofu
- 2:30pm – Bag of Nacho Doritos. Salty snacks also help to negotiate the Con floor and the Con vendors.
- 7:45pm – Vietnamese. Remember vegetarians! Ask for no fish sauce and they usually have Bragg’s Amino Acid dipping sauce as not just an alternative, but a better, tastier alternative.
- Vegetarian Vermicelli Bowl with fried tofu, fake chicken, and no fish sauce!
- Fried egg
- Arrived at the Sacramento Anime Show at 10am to beat the crowds and also because I had no idea what to expect. Been watching this Heroes of CosPlay show and I envisioned buses upon buses of unicorned, zombified, or googled-people wandering the streets. I guess this convention doesn’t draw the attention of the larger ones, but it didn’t detract from all the fun I had with my wife, nephew, and niece. Took me back to my days of walking the convention floors at sportscard shows in the mid 80s. Met some great, enthusiastic people and seeing people fully enjoy something passionately is a bonus.