So, Runkeeper is an absolute tyrant when it comes to training. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, all building up to a long Saturday run. Saturday obligations more often than not don’t allow for a two-hour run so I’m having to modify to fit my life. Knowing the long runs are the ones designed to build my endurance, I am happy to report I choose the Saturday long run over the shorter Friday training.
Life lesson 82 – Choose the narrow path — the ones that don’t have the shortcuts. Take for example, this guy I met at Target. He was sitting in the Starbucks lounge area with a classic 80’s icon, the Rubik’s Cube. Without going into detail, apparently this was called a Lubix Cube because Lubix fabricates the spinners to make them move smoother and faster, but that’s not the point.
Solving the cube in less than 16 seconds is no small feat, but it didn’t happen overnight. Turns out, he was the 1982 Chicago Speed Champ, Tony Snyder. He found shortcuts to solve the puzzle faster, but he didn’t take shortcuts to figure those out.
Take 15-seconds to watch Tony’s result of decades of persistence and passion. Solving the Cube
Morning weight 170.5. Post run weight 167
- 8:15am – Herbalife Shake.
- 8 ounces of Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice
- 2 scoops Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder
- 1 scoop Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla
- 1 cup of Baby Spinach
- 3 Costco Frozen Strawberries
- 8 Costco Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Costco Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup Mountain High Plain Yogurt
- 9:30am – Pre-run nutrition
- Herbalife24 Prepare (2 scoops)
- 10:30am – During run nutrition
- Herbalife24 Prepare (1 scoop)
- Herbalife24 Hydrate (1 stick)
- 12:30pm – Post Run
- El Monterey Bean and Cheese Burrito
- Herbalife24 Rebuild Endurance (2 scoops)
- Herbalife Instant Chocolate Shake (1 scoop)
- Silk Pure Almond Milk (8 ounces)
- Herbalife supplements:
- see list on MyFitnessPal
- 4pm – Costco Samples
- Afghan spinach flatbread (3 return trips for samples – delicious. We bought some home)
- 3 types of chutneys (mango, jalapeno, green)
- Cedar Lane bean and cheese burrito (1 bite – didn’t even finish – not delicious)
- 6:45pm – Trying a new pizza place in a new city
- 9:45pm – Specialty donut
- 10:45pm – Herbalife24 Restore
- Saturday should be the long run day, but Saturday is also filled with non-run obligations. Good to be flexible, but don’t take the easy route. Hotter than I wish, but I also need to get acclimated to the weather. Last week was a breeze and I was actually able to spring the last mile. This week, I had to stop and walk twice.