Well since Friday, it seems like it’s been one long buffet table. Don’t believe me, look at my food logs and pictures. I’m a big believer in 5 small meals per day as part of a healthy eating regiment, but even though I’ve been following this plan, it still feels like I’m eating all day long. Every time I look up, I’m sitting in my chair at the food table.
My wife and I were cracking up and commenting, “I sure do eat a lot” and I have been “feeling” so full lately. Life lesson #58 – you can’t always trust your feelings. Feelings are fickle and can change based on emotions. You know this … think about a time where you did something in the spur of the moment without thought. Ok, you get it now.
Trust facts. Here’s the facts … Morning weight 169. Yesterday’s weight 170.5. The takeaway … you can eat like a king and lose weight like a pauper.
- 7:15am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, 4 large Costco strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 2 scoops of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder. 1 cup of spinach. 1 cup of cabbage. 1 cup of kale.
- 10am – Justins Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
- 10:30am – Filipino Suman with Skippy Chunky Peanut Butter
- 12:15pm – Round Table (Buffet!)
- 1 small salad with mixed greens and spinach and scoops of beets, garbanzo beans, cheddar cheese, sunflowers, baby corn all with a 1/2 scoop of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 5 veggie pizza slices. Sounds like a lot, but you know how they cut them during a buffet. This is equivalent to a single bite of a Costco pizza!
- 3:10pm – Herbalife Herbal Concentrate Tea (8 ounces of water) with a single Stevia in the Raw packet
- 6:30pm – Post Run Drink
- Herbalife24 Rebuild Endurance
- Herbalife Formula 1 Instant Creamy Chocolate
- 7:30pm – Pasta night! Trying something new tonight … Tofu Shirataki, a spaghetti shaped noodle substitute. And just to be safe, we’re matching it with an old favorite, Trader Giotto’s Organic Pasta penne rigate. The verdict … Tofu Shirataki tastes just fine, but don’t smell it without any sauce. It will turn you off immediately. Overall, taste is fine and you are suppose to be able to eat a larger portion of it, but it doesn’t have that al dente texture you want in a fine pasta. The grade = B-
- 2 full servings of pasta
- 2 big scoops of homemade mushroom sauce with Boca Ground Crumbles
- 4 squash wedges in olive oil
- 3 broccoli pieces
- 4 fresh mozzarella balls “Ciligiene” from Nugget Market
- Physical therapy session number 4 with Doug or I like to call this time, 30 minutes of pleasure! Get your mind out of the gutters y’all!
- Left side. Range of motion has increased from 20% to 40% in some areas. More tugging, pulling, and stretching … continue as outlined. My home therapies are moving the progress along very well.
- Ride side. Today was a special day because I got a heat rub application to the right neck. Felt like I should tip the guy afterwards because it provided so much relief to my right side.
- Run. 3-mile quick run. Dropped off my wife at the grocery store and she was supportive enough to give me the green light to leave the shopping cart pushing duties. Thank you! And off I go. The goal today was a quick 3-mile run and based on my splits, the goal was met. I was very happy to have each mile faster than the first. Building endurance.