(Monday) … My wife pulled a legitimate Ferris Bueller today and we got to extend our weekend for another day together. One of the benefits of having her home is the meals are upgraded significantly.
I felt like one of those Nursery Rhyme characters who get constantly fed treats to hefty them up in preparation for a future banquet where I would be the main course. Don’t get me wrong … absolutely not complaining. Especially since my original plan of Friday leftovers for Monday microwave-madness was put on hold.
But now, with all the eating, it actually feels like somebody punched me in the stomach and then forced me to participate in the Nathan’s hot dog eating contest (veggie of course). Time to put Herbalife’s Mango Aloe to the test!
Life lesson #57 – Be flexible with your day when someone surprises you. If you have to put on a pair of stretchy-buffet ready pants, so be it.
Morning weight 170.5
- 8:15am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, 4 large Costco strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 2 scoops of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder. 1 cup of spinach. 1 cup of cabbage. 1 cup of kale. Herbalife supplements:
- 12pm – Homemade tofu classic with Herbalife Tea
- 5 fried tofu slices breaded in gluten-free flour
- 1 serving of fresh brocolli
- 1 serving of fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1 corn on the cob with butter and paprika
- 3:30pm – 3 celery sticks with 1 tbsp of Skippys Chunky peanut butter
- 3:40pm – 1 cup of Gourmet Popcorn, Chicago Mix (Caramel & Cheese)
- 4:45pm – Herbalife Tea
- 5pm – Repeat of lunch (meal 2) with a side order of an egg. Still very full from the previous eating. But it is noteworthy, even if you are full, keep to your schedule. Always feed the body regularly.
- 1 fried tofu
- 1/4 serving of carrots
- 1 broccoli
- 1 fried egg
- 1/4 cup of rice
- 5:25pm – Herbalife Herbal Aloe Concentrate Mango (8 ounces of water and a quick pour of the aloe)
- 7:45pm – 4 sips of 7-up (at the movies). Things just taste better at the movie theatre. It must be the darkness … you have to rely on all your other senses.
- 9:45pm – 1 Justins Organic dark chocolate peanut butter cup
- 9:50pm – 1 bowl of Filipino suman
- P90X variations to compensate for left shoulder pain. In this order. 1 minute rest between sets. It feels so good to do a push up again!
- 1st Movement
- Chest. Standard push-up, 20 reps
- Shoulders. “V” shoulder press with 20 lbs, 10 reps
- Biceps. In-and-out curls with 20 lbs, 16 reps
- 2nd Movement
- Chest. Wide fly push-ups, 25 reps
- Shoulders. Alternating shoulder press with 20 lbs, 16 reps (8 per side)
- Biceps. Static arm curls, 20 lbs, 16 reps (8 per side)
- 3rd Movement
- Chest. Military press, 25 reps
- Shoulders. Arnold Schwarzenegger press, 20 lbs, 10 reps
- Biceps. Full supination concentration curls, 25 lbs, 16 reps (8 per side)
- 4th Movement
- Chest. Diamond push-ups, 25 reps
- Shoulders. Deep swimmers press, 20 lbs, 16 reps
- Biceps. Crouching Cohen Curls, 25 lbs, 16 reps
- 5th Movement
- Chest. 2 Twitch speed push-ups. 5 fast, 5 slow to a 5 second count. Did 20 total reps with these and then finished off with 5 fast.
- Shoulders. Alternating shoulder press, 20 lbs, 16 reps (8 per side)
- Biceps. Twenty-ones, 17.5 lbs. 7 reps (low to midline), 7 reps (midline to full), 7 reps (full motion)
- 1st Movement