Dropped off my wife to the airport and she’s on her way with a girlfriend to the beautiful island of … Hawaii. You’re suppose to read that in your best Price Is Right prize announcer voice. Not a long vacation, but I will miss her. She is my best friend and who wouldn’t miss their best friend? Life lesson #38 – Don’t hesitate to tell the world you miss your wife.
Weight. At 7:15am, I weighed 172. At 11:50am, I weighted 169.5.
Money Saving and Weight Loss Tip! Buy a footlong sandwich. Eat 6″ now. Eat 6″ later. You get to enjoy two meals and you only paid one price.
Yahoo! had an article today regarding a new daily protein requirement using your ideal weight.
Use this formula from Caroline Apovian, MD, to determine the minimum amount of protein you should eat daily to offset muscle loss–and protect your metabolism–while you lose weight.
STEP 1 Estimate your ideal weight. “If you’re a woman, start with 100 pounds for the first 5 feet in height, and add 5 pounds for every extra inch,” says Dr. Apovian. “For men, it’s 106 pounds for 5 feet in height, plus 6 pounds for every additional inch. However, if your ideal weight is less than 120 pounds, don’t eat less than 82 g of protein daily.”
STEP 2 Ideal Weight (in lb) ÷ 2.2 = Ideal Weight (in kg)
STEP 3 Ideal Weight (in kg) × 1.5 = Daily Protein Goal (in g)
Based on this formula, I should be at 105 grams of protein per day. Today I was at 139 grams. I reviewed the last 7 days … I am averaging 108 grams per day. Pretty interesting … coincidence, I think not! Take some time to figure yours out!
- 7:15am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 1 cup of raw cabbage, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, 4 large Costco strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 2 scoops of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder.
- 9:30am – Detour Bar Caramel Peanut 30grams of protein, low sugar
- 10:20am – 1 stick of Herbalife24 Hydrate in 12 ounces of water. Drank 6 ounces.
- 11am – Drank remaining 6 ounces of Herbalife24 Hydrate
- 12:30pm – Subway 6″ Veggie Delite on sourdough (tomato, lettuce, spinach, onions, bell peppers, pickles, pepperchinos, light on the mayo and mustard, and salt and pepper. I over-made our Herbalife shakes this morning so I had an extra 4 ounces. Added 4 slices of Morning Star bacon. Finished off with a See’s Candy Milk Chew (like a Snickers, but way better).
- 3pm – Remaining Subway 6″ Veggie Delite. Added 2 slices of Morning Star bacon and a Morning Star chicken patty. Also ate 1/3 bag (1 serving) of banana chips we purchased during our last trip to Maui.
- 7pm – Chipotle veggie fajita burrito bowl. Guac and sour cream on the side, along with the tortilla. I finished half the bowl, guac, and sour cream. I finished the entire tortilla and had 9 Trader Joe’s Pita chips.
- 11:20am – Ramp runs and sprint home. This is my first run after Saturday night’s half-marathon. After that race, I was actually questioning whether I wanted to even attempt another half, let alone a full. Today was my effort to get my joy of running back. Here’s a video of today’s route. Herbalife Run