Stepped on the scale this morning and was somewhat surprised at 172.5. I even did a step-off-step-on maneuver as if I was in an 80s step aerobics class just to double check. Checked the previous day’s meal and caloric intake and I was actually in a deficit. So, who knows and I won’t spend anymore time trying to figure out things beyond my pay grade. I will however continue to be mindful. Life lesson #37 – sometimes you can do the right things and still get the wrong results. The key is our attitudes when this happens.
- 8:15am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 1 cup of raw cabbage, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, 4 large Costco strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 2 scoops of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder.
- 10:15am – Odwalla Mango Super Protein 1/4 of the remaining bottle
- 11:55am – Spaghetti Factory leftovers. Gluten-free Manager’s Special half mizithra cheese – half mushroom. Microwaved a Boca Chicken Patty and finished the Sprite I opened on Sunday. Herbalife supplements (Multivitamin, Herbalineline, Cell Activator, Male Factor, Total Control, Garden 7, and Joint Support)
- 3pm – Leftover Chinese food. 1 serving of Singapore Tofu noodles and 1 serving of Sesame General Tofu with 1/2 cup of fresh brocolli. Also had a piece of Amber Lynn sugar-free milk chocolate.
- 5:30pm – Johnny Rockets. 1 Original Veggie Route 66 with no cheese and only 1/2 bun. This is what I usually do anyway … started eating 1/2 bun years ago before the big “carb craze”. I find the burger is better balanced. Half order of bottomless fries. And the last thing your bottom will be is less if you eat fries bottomless anything! Life lesson #37 – understand the power of moderation or you may fall into a bottomless pit.
- 5 continuous sets, no rest between, shoulders, biceps, and chest
- Chest. Floor dumbbell presses. (14 reps each set — 25, 35, 45, 50, 60). I am getting stronger even though I haven’t done this movement in about 10 days. I would be able to do 80 pound presses, but my only hurdle is getting the weight from the floor to a press position for the first press. Need a spot or I’d end up being a spot on the floor when it comes tumbling down.
- Shoulders. (14-16 reps each set — used bands). 3 sets of standard “V” presses in a controlled movement. “V” press and then alternating right then left to make 1 set (repeat for the final set).
- Biceps. (10-16 reps each set). My last 3 times curling, I used a combination of two bands because my left shoulder would hurt in certain directions. Today, was not that day. I’ve been really stretching it and it appears to be paying off. Used dumbbells. 2 sets of in-and-out curls using 25 pound weights for 16 reps. 2 sets of one arm concentration curls using 25 pounds for 10 reps. 1 set of static arm curls using 25 pounds for 10 reps.