Eight-hundred and sixteen miles later, I’m home. We’re home. Home sweet home. Life lesson #27 – Never take your home for granted. Don’t complain about cleaning it or any other complaint. There are millions that would take your place.
It’s been 4 days since weigh in. I left at 173. I guessed I would be 173.5. At 7:30pm, the official weigh in was 174.5. No worries. By raceday in a week, I’ll be down to 172 and feeling like a Usain Bolt. But, with everything, I must reflect. This one’s easy. Little to no activity and eating out 2x’s per day — throw in a dessert on Thursday and an appetizer on Friday, there you go. One-and-a-half pounds. Interestingly, my wife lost 3 pounds. She wins the discipline battle.
- 8:00am – 2 fried eggs (over medium) and a banana
- 9:30am – 4 ounces of Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster
- 11:50am – 1 Taco Bell black bean burrito with 3 packets of hot sauce
- 3pm – Andersen’s Split Pea Soup. 2 1/2 bowls of split pea, 1 poppy seed roll, 1/2 veggie burger on wheat (I only ate the bottom bread). Various Herbalife supplements.
- 7:50pm – 1/3 of a Tofurky frozen peperoni pizza
Note: Herbalife Herbal Aloe Mango throughout the day. Best guess – 2 servings in water.
- 6 hour drive. Stopped every 2 1/2 hours — stretch.