Okay, yesterday. In this corner, weighing in at 174 pounds. Fighting a family history of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer … said in my best Michael Buffer voice. Let’s get ready to humble (myself).
By the way, those are 3 more reasons why I do what I do. Eat smart. Move around. Humble myself before God. I will break the chain of these serious health issues in my family and be the change necessary for future generations. Sounds like a hefty road, but Life Lesson #24 – the past doesn’t have to determine your future.
Today, weighing in at 172. Want to know how? Refer to yesterday’s food chart. Makes a difference to keep a food journal so there are no surprises. I need to get back to that and I fell off this discipline about a year ago. Hopping back on now because it does make a difference. At the very least, everyone should know the calories, carbs, proteins, and sugars in their favorite foods. Mine is pizza.
9:30 – Physical therapy with Doug. Second session with him. Third overall. Reported progress in left shoulder range of motion; all except any movement towards the back. Right arm is causing the most issues these days. This entire week it is tingling, stinging, burning, and pins-and-needling about 90% of the day. It has started to even affect my running. Let the tugging and pulling commence and man, it is the best $15 I could pay. When was the last time you got a $15 massage? Does it hurt, yes. Does it help, absolutely.
- Left shoulder. Continue as planned.
- Right arm. Posture improvement. Head back. Chin tucked to which he demonstrated. So if you see a guy walking around your local mall looking very peculiar and upright, that’s me. Stop by and say hello.
- 8:10am Herbalife Herbal Concentrate Tea – 6 ounces cold and drank fast
- 8:15am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla fruit and veggie smoothie
- 8:45am – Herbalife tablets – Multivitamin, Cell Activator, Celluloss, Herbalifeline, Total Control, Joint Support, and 4 others. The wife just handed them to me and I took and asked questions later. “What did you just give me?”
- 11:10am – Subway 6″ Veggie Delite with provolone and swiss cheese. Took it togo and added my own Quorn chicken patty. Bag of Lays original chips. 10 more ounces of tea.
- 1:30pm – Herbalife Herbal Concentrate Tea (cold) – 6 ounces
- 3:15pm – Remaining 6″ Veggie Delite Subway sandwich from above. It’s a little trick I learned over the years. Buy a footlong. Eat half now. Eat half later. Perfect weight loss and nutrition tip.
- 7:00pm – Habit Burger Veggie on Grilled Sour Dough with half an order of french fries and half an order of onion rings. I take the top bun off so it’s like an open-face sandwich. Can’t even tell it’s topless food.
- Cleaned pool. Weather was much nice at a cool 95-degrees today, but it was breezy. Felt like I was on the islands. Swept entire pool and spa — trust me, this ain’t easy work. It’s not P90X in any stretch of the imagination, but if you do it correctly and approach it with the right mindset, you can get a nice core workout in the 45 minutes.
- Vacuumed like a madman.
Signing off, but not done for the night just yet. Nothing post-worthy, just odds and ends to wrap up the evening.