Half-way through the week and lots to celebrate. Back-to-back days again of home weights — definitely see new beginnings in terms of body structure. Interestingly, since all I’ve been doing is running without any weights, I have lost a lot of body mass. Probably even body fat. Now that I’ll be able to do even light weights on a regular basis, I’ll be able to see physical results quicker … ie – I should get cut faster.
Life lesson #45 – All things work together for good for those that are called according to His purpose. In other words, the 4+ month hiatus from weights due to injury is going to pay off now with a new love of running.
Morning weight 171
- 7:30am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 1 cup of raw cabbage, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, 4 large Costco strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 2 scoops of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder. Herbalife supplements:
- 10:50am – Power Crunch Cookies & Cream Bar
- 12:15pm – Subway Sandwich. I order a footlong. Eat half now. Eat half later for my 3:30ish snack. Egg and cheese on flatbread. 1+ serving of Hawaiian Kettle Style Mango Habenero Chips. 2 strips of Morning Star Veggie Bacon. With 8 ounces of water and 1/2 teaspoon of Herbalife Herbal Aloe Mango Concentrate, took my Herbalife supplements:
- Formula 3 Cell Activator
- X-tra Cal
- Mega Garlic Plus
- Ultimate Prostrate
- Garden 7
- 2:15pm – Subway Sandwich. Remaining 6″ egg and cheese flatbread sandwich and 2 strips of Morning Star Veggie Bacon.
- 6:15pm – Akebono Japanese (aka, our favorite ramen house)
- Mabo tofu ramen soup (split a full order with my wife)
- 4 pieces of a veggie roll
- 1 piece of tamago
- 1/2 order of veggie tempura
- 9pm – 1 Asian Hotel Bread (toasted) with North Shore Goodies Coconut Butter. Thanks for thinking of me Joy!
- Dumbbell floor presses
- 1st set, 15 reps, 40 lbs
- 2-5th set, 12 reps, 50 lbs. Movement was slow and controlled down and explode up
- Standing bent over dumbbell lifts. Using the same weights so I can easily flow to the next exercise with little to no rest between sets, grab 1 dumbbell on the ends with both hands, arms hanging in front of body, legs shoulder width apart, with a strong back and head up, bend over in a controlled movement as if to “bow” and return to the upright position.
- 1st set, 10 reps, 40 lbs
- 2-5th set, 10 reps, 50 lbs
- Dumbbell floor presses