Einstein Marathon Meal Plan
Rocktober! Bring it on … new month, new stuff to eat. Ahhhh, not really. One of the most eye-opening areas of logging each and every bite is that I don’t have a large variety of foods that I eat. I just eat a lot of times in the day, but eat the same foods.
I’ll be the first to coin it the Einstein Meal Plan. Einstein had a huge brain and a small wardrobe. Why? Because it reduced choices. That’s what having 7 white collared shirts will do. So, in regards to my marathon meal plan, looks like I have the same mentality. Less choices, less opportunities to make a bad decision. Too many bad food decisions over time equal a big waist. Not quite e=MC2, but this food equation isn’t exactly rocket science.
If you eat too much, you’ll gain weight. That simple. Excluding all the exercise variables, this statement is true as true can be. Even Einstein would approve. “I’m Einstein and I approve this message.”
Part of my normal eating is also supplementing. Thanks to Dr. Oz, I always take my Herbalife multivitamin and Herbalifeline (Omega 3). To keep me upright in this marathon, I also take Herbalife joint support, Xtra Cal (calcium), and male factor. The other Herbalife supplements I take are just general health.
When Did I Eat?
- 8:15am (Meal 1) — Herbalife Formula 1 Protein Shake. Packed with fresh fruits and vegetables. If I can be blended, it’s in the shake.
- 11:30am (Meal 2) — Comfort food bonanza! Homemade grill cheese with Kraft American cheese and in lieu of butter, used EVOO to help with the grilling.
- 2pm (Meal 2.1) — Comfort food bonanza, part deux! The sequel includes 4 slices of Morning Star Veggie Bacon or like us forever vegetarians simply say, “facon.”
- 4:40pm (Meal 2.1) — Pre-run nutrition. I was feeling some tightness in my right hammy. Decided to go for some ramp runs to loosen it up for tomorrow. Not sure if this is kosher or a recommended method of healing a sore hamstring, but it seemed to work for me.
- 7:30pm (Meal 3) — Chinese food. Egg drop soup, General sesame tofu, and vegetarian chow fun.