Again with the planning. I know, there are some things I am a broken record, but it is worth saying again the importance to have a plan and work the plan. And part of that plan is to look ahead which means for me, I’m running 12 miles today and not tomorrow. Thus, Friday is Saturday or Fri-turday.
I tore open a Vega Sport Endurance gel on my trek today. It may be able to tote the all-natural flag, but it also almost tore open the edges of my mouth a la The Joker knive. Why So Serious? Because it almost cut the sides of my mouth. The package is wider than the Clif Shots, but when you’re on mile 6-7, I didn’t stop to think, “is this going to fit in my mouth?” I just routinely did my routine. Tear, squeeze, and suck. Bad move.
And the taste … if you crave warm baby food, you found your product. The raspberry pouch I had tasted like a warm, and very sweet, very tart, apple sauce.
The Verdict … I’ll stick with my Clif Shots Chocolate!
Life lesson #89 – Know when you’re too old for baby food and snacks (ie – someone telling you what you want to hear versus what you need to hear). Never turn down a good meal (ie – sound advice or wise counsel) when someone offers it.
Morning weight = 171.5. Post run weight = 168
- 8:45am – Herbalife Shake.
- 9:45am – Pre run nutrition
- 11:47am – During run nutrition and energy
- Brought a full water bottle of Herbalife 24 Prepare, Herbalife24 Hydrate along on my adventure
- Vega Sport Endurance Gel – Raspberry.
- 1:30pm – Microwave and Treats
- El Monterey Bean and Cheese burrito
- Flaming Hot Cheetos (1/3 package)
- Filipino Suman
- Skippy Super Chunky Peanut Butter (2 tbsp)
- Nestle Rich Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix (2 tbsp)
- Sue Bee Cover Honey (.13 tbsp)
- Herbalife Supplements
- 7pm – Chinese Food
- Vegetarian Egg Drop Soup (no chicken stock!) 2 1/2 cups
- Vegetarian egg roll (1 1/2)
- General Sesame Tofu with fresh broccoli (1 1/2 servings)
- Singapore Curry Tofu Rice Noodle (2 servings)
- 1 orange
- Herbalife Mango Aloe
- Herbalife Supplements
- See full list on MyFitnessPal
- 10:30pm – Herbalife24 Restore
- Great route! Explored a part of town I have yet to travel on. Actually did a quick, unexpected turn when I saw another runner going down a country road, hoping to follow him to the next hidden bike trail. Unfortunately, he eventually hid from me when he turned into a court and I assume went home. I ran around the area for awhile, even called out to a biker, “is there a bike trail entrance somewhere around here” to which he pointed, “keep going and it’s to the left.” I kept going for about 3/4 mile, but decided best to fight this “keep going” battle at a later date. I only had 3 more miles to reach today’s goal and if I turned around now, I’ll be right around there when I get home.
- Got tired and walked somewhere around mile 10. The heat eventually got to me, but after about a 10 minute walk, I was back on the trail and finished miles 11 (9:29) and 12 (9:23) in great splits.
Friday, September 06, 2013