The big picture:
- Friday, 08-23-2013, 170.5 (Buffet and 11-mile run)
- Saturday, 08-24-2013, 171 (Buffet, dessert, and fantasy football fun)
- Sunday, 08-25-2013, 173.5 (Portion control and helping a friend)
- Monday, 08-26-2013, 171
Morning Weight 171. Back to average and that is a good thing.
What does this reveal? You can eat and still maintain, but there is a price to pay. Either through sweat equity or self-control. Life lesson #78 – Pay the price of discipline or pay the price of regret, either way you pay. This is not an exact quote from one of my mentors Jim Rohn (not the King of Smack guy, but he’s cool too!) Bottom line … choose wisely.
- 8:15am – Herbalife Shake.
- 9am – Pre-run Nutrition
- Herbalife24 Prepare (8 ounces of water, 2 scoops)
- 11:45am – Post run meal
- Leftovers – 1 1/4 cup of homemade Potato Au Gratin with Quorn Grounds
- 1/2 cup of fresh broccoli
- 3pm – Protein Break
- 1 cup Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1 scoop Herbalife24 Rebuild Endurance
- 2 scoops Herbalife Instant Chocolate
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tbpn Skippy Extra Chunky Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Full Circle Baby Spinach
- 2 oz Mountain High Original Plain Yogurt
- Herbalife Supplements:
- 5:30pm – Chipotle Veggie Fajita Bowl. About 1/2 the bowl – shared with my wife. We ask for an extra scope of white and brown rice and it’s a perfect splittable meal.
- Guacamole on the side. It’s free when you order veggie-style
- Sour cream on the side
- 1/2 Small Cheese quesadilla
- 7:45pm – Regal Theatre small popcorn with butter (1/2 bag)
- 10pm – Herbalife24 Restore and Hershey’s Kisses with macadamia nut
- 10:20am – Runkeeper 4 mile + strides. The strides at a 95% effort. Noticed running later in the morning does feel a bit more draining. The weather heats up slightly, but nutrition seems to be the key to distance. My morning shake was 2 hours before. I did have 8 ounces of Prepare, but no half-banana. Overall, splits are good and confidence is building as I learn more about my body and nutrition.