Knowing Friday would be filled with “things-to-do”, I had to make sure one of those things didn’t fall into the excuse category of “I just didn’t have enough time” or the classic “the dog ate my homework.” Well, wrong scenario, but same message.
Life lesson #68 – Execute, yes! Excuse, No!
So, knowing it will be a fun-filled Friday, attempted to sleep early so I could rise earlier for my run. To get in front of all the possible excuses before I could execute the plan. In my mind, I was envisioning Rocky. Cracking raw eggs into glasses. Throwing on the retro Champion greys. Skipping steps up the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Well, it wasn’t quite that dramatic, but trying to get us to sleep early is a lot like an underdog fight. We both are self-proclaimed night owls and proud of it, but on this night, I had to be a burrowing owl. 11:30pm – lights out.
Before my run, I weighed in at 171. RunKeeper said “no step skipping” and “no impromptu races on the water edge of the beach with Apollo”. This morning simply said, Day 2 of 64, a 4-mile easy pace. RunKeeper defines “easy pace” as 10 or 10:30 minute miles. I’m not going to argue … let’s just do this.
Morning weight 171. Post run weight 169.5.
- 6:45am – Pre Run
- 1/2 frozen banana. Why frozen? Just because that’s all I had.
- 1 scoop of Herbalife24 Prepare in 4 ounces of water
- 8:15am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 6 fresh strawberries with stems, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 1 scoop of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder. 1 cup of spinach. 1 cup of cabbage. 1 cup of kale.
- 11:45am – Katy Perry Pop Corners Kettle Corn. Not a secret, I have a fancy for the salty snacks and I love trying anything new. 2 chips, just to get me ready for a late lunch, and thumbs up! Katy not only can sing, but she knows her chip flavors!
- 1:40pm – Late lunch. To thank the general contractor for a job well done on our beautiful new asian-style gate. While waiting, they just had a delivery of hot, fresh bread from one of the local best.
- Singapore Tofu Noodle (1/2 order)
- 1/2 artisan bread roll
- 5:30pm – Leftover Chinese Food (from two places)
- Singapore Tofu Noodle (1/4 order)
- 1 serving of salt and pepper deep fried mushrooms
- 1/2 serving of egg fried rice
- 1/2 serving of sesame tofu
- 1/2 vegetarian egg fu yung patty
- 3/4 of a Village Bakery artisan bread with Pulgra butter
- Katy Perry Pop Chips (about 6 chips)
- 8:45pm – Baskin-Robbins Banana Royale with all the fixins! We had a BOGO coupon — it was our responsibility to use it on this 80+ degree evening.
- 10pm – Herbalife24 Restore
- Day 2 of 64, RunKeeper First Marathon trainer. My earliest morning run I have ever attempted and I … (wait for it), loved it. Cooler, fresher, cleaner. Sounds like an ad for 7-up and it quite possibly be because after my easy pace 4 miler, I felt crisp and clean and had no caffeine. Actually felt like I could have run the full marathon this morning. Side note: I didn’t do a post-stretch after my run 3-4 days ago and in the morning, I actually felt a little tight in my quads. Solution … stretch. At least for me and nothing crazy. Just stretch.
Not feeling any effects of 3 runs in 5 days. I will continue to follow Runkeepers plan and my nutritional plan with Herbalife mornings and their Herbalife24 product line.