Took some time to review the past week MyFitnessPal entries. First thought … I eat like a guy on death row! More reasonable thought … routines and schedules play a significant role in a successful wellness program.
I am like the Einstein of breakfast. Fact or fiction, Einstein had a closet full of the same clothing options to simplify his life. Of course, he’s the same guy who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Eating the same breakfast every single day certainly has simplified my meal plan and I would also suggest has kept me from making repeated poor choices. Chalk one up for routines!
I also noticed that I am really digging this Filipino suman as a high protein and low calorie snack. And regarding snacks, I eat a lot of them. Sometimes my snack caloric output is higher than my main meals, but key, it looks like I get a lot of my protein from snacks.
Life lesson #61 – Don’t make simple things difficult.
Morning weight 170.
- 8:30am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, 4 large Costco strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 2 scoops of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder. 1 cup of spinach. 1 cup of cabbage. 1 cup of kale. Herbalife supplements:
- 10:30am – Filipino Suman
- 12:15pm – 2 El Monterey bean burritos and a bag of Doritos
- 5:15pm – One of a Kind bar Dark Chocolate Nuts and sea salt
- 6:00pm – Herbalife24 Hydrate
- 6:30pm – Post Run Drink
- Herbalife24 Rebuild Endurance
- Herbalife Instant Chocolate Formula 1
- 8:15pm – Leftover Pasta. My wife doctored it up with more mushroom. Eat your heart out Mario Batali.
- Trader Joe’s Organic fusilli pasta – Imported from Italy
- 1 1/2 corn on the cob with butter and paprika
- Squash and zucchini sauteed in olive oil and a little butter
- Fun Run. Dropped off wife at the hair salon and I hit the pavement in a resounding, “Meet you back at the house!” Thank God that I brought along another running buddy in the form of Herbalife24 Hydrate. It was a humid and windy 84-degrees. The last 2 .5 miles were in a headwind. Actually got sunburned on my face.