Interesting article on Yahoo! “Worthless Fitness Tips You Probably Follow” and yes, they are right. I did follow the stretching before a workout routine for at least 2 decades, but when I started to seriously train for run distance, I noticed I would fatigue quicker into my training so guess what I did, I stopped downward dogging and cobra-ing before a long run. Even a short, faster pace run. I just stopped stretching. Turns out, even without a Ph.D. or R.D.N. or a goodnight stay at a Holiday Inn, I knew my level of fitness decreased with a pre-workout stretch.
Science and studies say 8.3 percent. I would have guessed 8.4, but again, I don’t have a Ph.D. in this stuff.
Life lesson #60 – listen to your body, it may be telling you something very important.
Morning weight 170.5
- 8am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, 4 large Costco strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 2 scoops of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder. 1 cup of spinach. 1 cup of cabbage. 1 cup of kale.
- 10:30am – Banana and 1 Graham Cracker
- 12:45pm – Mom-made Favorites
- Homemade vegetable and tofu tempura. Mom makes it very tasty … restaurant worthy. Thin slices of vegetables and tofu are her secret to a longer lasting crispy edge and no “soggies”. Soggies are the limp tempura you see at some restaurants and because she cooks it thin, the batter is cooked all the way through.
- 1 Vita Coco juice box
- 5:30pm – Bean, cheese, and rice burrito. Small side of sour cream and guacamole.
- 9:45pm – Kikkoman – Chinese Style Egg Flower Hot and Sour Soup (3 cups)
- Visited parents and washed their exterior 1st floor windows. No before and after photos here, but trust me, there will be many a bird that flys into these babies very soon. 3 1/2 hours.