It’s race day … or in this case, race night. Start times are flip-flopped from am to pm in our attempt to beat the heat. Wondering what will happen for this 13.1? It’s been about 3 months since I even did 10 miles, but I have been doing those sprints.
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me ~ Phillipians 4:13
So, race day weigh in is right at my goal when I started my jog log. I wanted to get to 170 and this morning I am at 170.5. Life lesson #34 – don’t worry over the “.5” things in your life. Celebrate the big picture!
- 7:30am – 2 fried eggs and 3 strips of Morning Star bacon
- 10:30am – Thai Che — just look at the picture if you’re not familiar, but I have to warn you, you are going to want one. Cococut milk, basil seed, coconut meat, and pandan jelly. Our friends called me this morning and asked if I could come over … it was to deliver this. They are the best! Thanks Sarina!
- 1pm – Time to start the carb train! Egg fried rice and General Sesame Tofu.
- 2pm – Herbalife24 Hydrate (1 stick), Herbalife24 Prolong (1 scoop), Herbalife24 Prepare (1/2 scoop)
- 5:45pm – Herbalife24 Hydrate (1 stick), Herbalife24 Prolong (1 scoop), Herbalife24 Prepare (1/2 scoop), 1 banana
- 7pm – Start of Half Marathon
- 7:25pm – About the 2 1/2 mile mark, 1 Clif Bar Chocolate Gel Shot
- 8:40pm – About mile 10, 2 Clif Bar Chocolate Gel Shot
- 9:15pm – Finished. Net Time 2:15:22.6. Finished 36th in my category (age 40-44) and 262 overall.
- 9:16pm – Met by a volunteer with a water bottle
- 9:17pm – 1 1/2 Corn Thins dipped in Biscott Butter
- 9:25pm – Biscoff Spread (1.5 tablespoons)
- 9:30pm – Zico water sample Mango and Zico water Passion Fruit. Still like the chocolate much better, but they ran out.
- 9:35pm – Watermelon. Check that … best watermelon I’ve ever eaten. Also ate 1/2 a banana.
- 10pm – Back home to the post race party. Plenty of food, very little appetite. Ate a fork full of vegetarian Thia noodle salad. Could eat no more. Had a 1/2 cup of a watermelon, mozzarella, and basil salad. Good, but not feeling it. Found more fresh watermelon. Eventually settled on a 1/2 bag of Sun Chips Original flavor. That salt is exactly what I needed and hit the spot.
- 10:15pm – Herbalife24 Hydrate (1 stick)
- 2am – After cleaning … Herbalife24 Restore and boy do I need some restoration.
Strong start. Steady Middle. Slowed 9-12 miles. Finished strong. Of all the people in my category, I finished 38th. Thanks to Herbalife Run!