Morning after the first run of the week — no issues. No tightness, no nothing. I did a slight stretch post run, but nothing spectacular. Just your regular toe-touch hamstring stretch and some floor stretches. I read a Yahoo! article last week regarding post cool downs — bottom line, do it if you like it. Don’t do it if you don’t like it. I do enough because it actually feels good to slow down and hear your own breathing, similar to a yoga session.
With the updates to RunKeeper, it makes training for your first marathon super easy. The hard part will be sticking to the plan. There is a run every other day leading up to the marathon. Here we go …
Life lesson #66 – plan early for a long term goal. For example, if you want to lose 10 pounds for next year’s class reunion, don’t start a month before. If you start 10 months before, that’s only 1 pound per month. Not per day, not per week. Per month! In my case with my marathon run, I’m Day 66 into running and exercising and physical therapy. I’m 115 days away. This way I don’t have to overwork my body to prepare. Remember my previous life lesson … slow and steady wins all the time.
Morning weight 170.5
- 8:15am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 6 fresh strawberries with stems, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 1 scoop of Formula 1 and 1 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder. 1 cup of spinach. 1 cup of cabbage. 1 cup of kale. Herbalife supplements:
- 9:30am – Pre Run
- Herbalife24 Prepare (2 scoops)
- 11:30am – Post Run Hydration – Herbalife24 Hydrate and Herbalife Herbal Aloe Concentrate Mango
- 12:15pm – Post Run
- Herbalife24 Rebuild Endurance (2 scoops)
- Herbalife Instant Creamy Chocolate Shake (1 scoop)
- El Monterey Bean and Cheese Burrito
- 7:15pm – Birthday Dinner. Didn’t eat the crust. Just took a few bites with butter.
- 4 slices of vegetarian pizza
- 1 slice of cheese pizza
- 3 teaspoons of crushed pepper
- 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing
- 1 pad of butter. Learned this trick from a good friend. Perfect way to eat the crust.
- 9:30pm – Herbalife Herbal Aloe Concentrate Mango
- 10:30pm – Herbalife24 Restore
- Day 1 of 64 training runs in preparation for my first marathon. On today’s menu, the App says to just run 4 miles so I’m not complaining. 4 miles it is!