Been doing a lot of road miles, but no gym time. Calorie burning without mass building. I refuse to buy medium t-shirts! Guys, you know what I’m talking about here. No guy wants to be known as the incredible shrinking man, but that’s what is happening. All cardio and no weight lifting is definitely a great way to burn fat, but I also want to build muscle.
With physical therapy in the rear view mirror, it’s time to revisit my old friend Joe Weider and hit some weights.
In preparation for the gym, I approached it like a typical day of exercise and loaded up on my Herbalife24 Prepare, Herbalife Prolong, and Herbalife Niteworks. This should be on every nutritional bartenders “know-list” — tastes so good and oh yeah, helps sustain the necessary energy I need not just for a pure cardio burn, but also a bulk and define session.
Ended the day with a 4-ounce glass of water and Herbalife24 Restore.
Herbalife Sustain and Recovery Cocktail Recipe
- 1/2 scoop of Herbalife24 Prepare
- 1/2 scoop of Herbalife24 Prolong
- 1/2 scoop of Herbalife Niteworks
- It’s easy to make … just drink about 2 ounces out of a 16 ounce water bottle. The regular old water bottles we all have and plan to recycle.
- With a funnel (make sure the bottom of the funnel doesn’t get wet and touch the top of the water line — you’ll never be able to pour anything in there). Start to pour the ingredients.
- Between each ingredient pour, you may need to shake to create more space for the next pour.
- Energy. I feel energized and refreshed. Imagine the cool morning air of a Lake Tahoe morning. Smog-free and clean. That’s how I feel … smog-free.
- Sustained Energy. No noticeable drop-off during the workout which is important to prevent injury. This is increasingly important for those of us that do not rest between sets — just move on to the next body part.
- Recovery. Quick recovery post workout. Since I do supersets with no rest, I get to a 2-towel sweat. This cocktail helps me get my breathing back to normal and relaxed.
Life lesson #95 — Be the bartender of your life and mix up delicious and refreshing positive change.
Morning weight 171.5
- Gym towel required today! My physical therapy got me this far for my left shoulder so it’s time to press a little more today.