Monday. New week. New checklist, but first, a trip to the California State Fair. The land of fried butter. Where fried Twinkies are considered health food. Where the answer to every question “Do you want _______ with that?” is an automatic “Yes!” It doesn’t matter at the fair … every answer is yes and more. Yes, please dip my roasted corn on the cob in that vat of melted butter. Yes, please batter and deep fry my zucchini. And, “John” (they are all named John), can I have just a little more. The state fair is a tradition in our household. We go. We eat. We don’t feel a darn bit guilty!
So, the evaluation. Excluding today’s meals of course. Last week’s performance. Celebrate the good and readjust the not-so-good to be in alignment.
The Good The Not-So-Good
- Weight remained steady Didn’t eat many fresh fruits/veggies
- Strength without pain Unable to get left arm behind back
- Ate plenty of junkfood Ate plenty of junkfood
- Able to do pushups Unable to do pullups
- Finished half-marathon Since, only ran once.
Morning weight 171.
Writing down goals is a well-known task all successful people perform. Life lesson #43 – Don’t beat yourself up, but lift yourself up.
- 9:45am – Herbalife Formula 1 French Vanilla Protein Shake. 5 oz of Healthy Balance Apple Juice, 1 cup of raw cabbage, 1/2 cup of Costco Organic Frozen Blueberries, 4 large Costco strawberries, and 1/2 frozen banana. 2 scoops of Formula 1 and 2 scoops of Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder. Herbalife supplements
- 12:30pm – Taco Bell
- 1 Black bean burrito
- 1/2 Chalupa (no meat, sub beans)
- 7 Hot sauce
- 1:45pm – Fair Food (in this order)
- Cinnabon – World Famous and lives up to it!
- Hot Dog on a Stick Jack Cheese
- BBQ corn with butter, parmesan cheese, and paprika
- 7:45pm – Chinese food
- 1 serving of sesame tofu
- 1 serving of egg fried rice
- 1 serving of salt and pepper mushroom
- 1 bowl of vegetarian hot and sour soup
- 1 1/2 patties of vegetarian egg foo yung
- 9pm – Herbalife supplements (not listed on MyFitnessPal … I took them after posting)
- Today was a non run type of day. Wife back in town and our annual trip to the fair. Walked the California State Fair and I got the hi-score for Tron! I’m an 80s child! Isn’t my best, but 30 years later, I’m still making it beyond the 4th round. This time, of all things, the light cycles got me. Darn you memory! I couldn’t remember to break right with a quick up or break right with a quick down.